An infrared motion sensor alerting to movement.
The PIR Motion sensor is a small battery-powered sensor that can be positioned in a variety of ways to alert to movement through a doorway, corridor, next to a bed or over a wider area.
- Impact resistant casing & protective rubber boot - built to last.
- Adjustable sensor angle - narrow beam alongside bed to wider area.
- 30-second timer to allow carer to leave room.
- Additional socket for a call bell or floor pressure mat.
- Wall mounting plate included.
- Compatible with any nurse call system.
The sensor works using the same infrared technology as the systems used to turn on outdoor lighting. The sensor is positioned pointing towards the area where movement detection is required. Sensor can be positioned on a wardrobe or wall pointing towards the area next to the bed. When movement is detected in this area the sensor sends the alert through existing call system.
The ‘eye’ has two eyelids which move to steer the angle of the detection beam. They can be rotated to give a very tight angle or opened up to give a very wide detection field. By choosing the right position for the sensor and setting the angle, any detection setup is possible. The diagram below demonstrates some common configurations.
Share this Product
More from this collection
Do you have the correct connection?
This item has multiple connection options, please choose your preferrence from the list to proceed.