There is nothing inside the mat except for air which means that it will last for years and can be placed underneath the bed mattress. It even works underneath pressure relieving airflow mattresses.
The mat is connected to a sensor box with a small tube. Using Airlert technology, the sensor box will detect a change in air pressure within the mat as the person begins to get out of bed, making the sensor fast to react.
Benefits over a traditional pressure mat:
- Long-lasting - the sensor mat contains nothing except air making it extremely durable.
- Reliable - the sensor mat covers entire area of the bed, reducing false alarms.
- Faster response time because the sensor box detects reducing air pressure within the mat as the person begins to get up.
- Discrete - the mat is hidden from view, placed underneath the mattress.
- Reduced engineer call outs because of the simple design and five year battery life.
Available in two versions:
- For nursing home & hospital call systems. The sensor plugs into the nurse call system socket and will and activate when the person gets out of bed. Compatible with any nurse call system.
- Linked to a pager. This can be a Airlert Bed Pressure Mat & Pager Kit, for use at home, or multiple sensors can be linked to one or more text pagers, for use in nursing homes & hospitals.
The Bed Sensor alerts the moment someone gets out of bed. This can be invaluable in alerting staff or carers to an individual who is unaware of the risks that getting up can represent. Typically these are people with reduced cognitive function or dementia.
- Works with all beds and mattresses including airflow pressure relieving mattresses
- Works under the mattress so no loss of comfort
- Covers full areas of the bed so less false alarms
- Mats & sensor box are easy to clean
- 5 year battery life (batteries included)
- No professional installation required
- Free telephone assistance
- 1 year warranty, 30-day money back guarantee & lifetime maintenance