A pressure sensitive mat to alert to seizures
The convulsion sensor mat is placed underneath the bed mattress and will detect excessive movements of the person in bed.
The linked bleeper pager can be carried by a carer around the house and will bleep, flash and vibrate when the convulsion sensor mat is activated.
- The pressure mat is placed underneath the mattress and is connected to the control box:
- When an individual experiences excessive movements, such as those caused by a seizure, the control box detects a change in air pressure inside the mat.
- When a preset level is reached, the alert is triggered.
- The sensitivity can be adjusted using a simple dial.
- Receive alerts within a range of up to 400m.
- Vibrates, flashes and beeps for up to 90 seconds (can be stopped sooner by pressing a button on the pager).
- Loud enough to wake you from sleep (80dB at 10m)
- Pressure mat works underneath all mattresses (including pressure relieving airflow mattresses).
- Size of mat: 198cm x 63cm.
- Control box powered by 2 x AA batteries (last up to 1 year), pager powered by 1 x AAA battery (lasts about 4 weeks).
- No technical knowledge is required to use this product.
- 1-year warranty & 30-day money-back guarantee.
"We have ordered several products from Frequency Precision for the people we support, mostly their convulsion sensors. These have worked brilliantly, easy to set up and use, easy to clean, and robust enough to be moved, taken on holidays etc. It's a great product and I would highly recommend it and will certainly be ordering from them in the future"
Amanda Nicholas - Assistive Technology Coordinator, Community Lives Consortium
As an assessor and provider of Assisted Technology for many years I've yet to see a sensor that provides 100% reliability in detecting an Epileptic episode. This sensor, however, is by far the best we have used, and continue to use, in providing care and support in the community to our clients. it also gives a level of support and peace of mind to family and carers.
Paul Grimsley - Independent Life Solutions
Wireless Convulsion Sensor Instructions & Specification [updated 2021]
Bleeper Pager Instructions & Specification [updated 2021]
Share this Product
More from this collection
Do you have the correct connection?
This item has multiple connection options, please choose your preferrence from the list to proceed.